Enemy mode affects us even if we don’t notice it.
Just like asbestos, second-hand smoke or bad drinking water, exposure to enemy mode affects everyone.
Don’t think you’ve been impacted by enemy mode?
What’s your answer to these questions? Any “yes” means you have been exposed. The more “yes” answers, the higher your exposure!
Test your risk of enemy mode exposure: A “yes” means you have lived through enemy mode.
- Have your parents, adult children or you been divorced? Then you have lived through enemy mode.
- Have you or your children participated in organized sports? Then you have seen parents, coaches and players in enemy mode.
- Do you or any of your immediate family serve in the military? Are you a veteran? Then you have lived through enemy mode.
- Have you been a victim of a crime? Then you have lived through enemy mode.
- Have you been in court? Then you have lived through enemy mode.
- Do you work in sales, contracts, human relations or customer complaints? Getting people out of enemy mode is your job.
- Do you or your close family serve in law enforcement? Limiting enemy mode is your job.
- Did you go to recess with other children, have teachers who yelled or disliked certain students or views? You have lived through enemy mode.
- Have you been unfriended on social media? You have lived through enemy mode.
- Are you an indigenous person or belong to an unfavored group? You have lived through enemy mode.
- Are your leaders elected (and especially if they are not)? You live under people in frequent enemy mode.
- Do you watch TV and movies? You are exposed to enemy mode by the hour.
- Have you been impacted by gangs, tribal hostilities, colonialism, police states, lack of access to food and medicine, persecution or discrimination? You have lived through enemy mode.
You carry the residual effects of enemy mode if:
- You or your ancestors remember being displaced.
- Your family lived through a war in the last four generations.
- You or your ancestors immigrated.
- Your people lost their lands to others.
- Your people were enslaved or owned slaves.
- Your people were subject to genocide in the last two centuries.
Lots of these conditions generate enemy mode. Yet people in every generation arise, escape enemy mode and help others to do so as well. Others become bitter, chronically fearful, and combative.
You can learn to escape enemy mode. Join the escape!